How To Get Started (a.k.a. Online Fishing Tournaments for Dummies)
Okay, so you're ready to get in the game only there's this website and all these menus and you don't know what to do. Here's the Fisher-Price version of how to get started.
Register and Activate
- Click Register and follow the instructions. You will have to enter information like your name and email address. Make sure to get them right.
- When you register 321Fish.Com will send you an email to confirm your registration. Don't freak out -- you need to click the Activation Link in the email to activate your account. This is how we keep out spammers and make sure you are really you.
- After activating click on the Login link above and to your right. It's a good idea to check the Remember Me box -- that way in the future you will be automatically logged in.
Enter Tournaments, Catches, and Trips
- Once you are logged in you can do things like enter Tournaments, Catches, and Trips.
- To enter a Tournament click the Tournaments link to see the available tournaments. On the right hand side of the Tournaments page are Actions such as Standings, Stats, and Enter. Click Enter to enter the tournament you want to compete in.
- Notice the link to the Tournament Rules. Read the rules so you know what to do and how to do it. You can find more rules information under the Help menu but the rules for specific tournaments are available on the Tournament pages.
- Complete the Tournament registration. If it is a cash tournament you will be redirected to a payment processing gateway.
Get Your Tournament Token
- After entering the tournament you need the Token which must be in your scoring pictures. You can access the token by clicking the Token Link on the right side in the Actions box on either your Home page, the Tournaments page, or the Standings or Stats page for the spcific tournament. Tokens are only available 6 hours prior to the start of a tournament and during a tournament. Print out the token or write it clearly on a card that you will put in your fish pictures. Remember - if there is no token or the wrong token in your pictures they will not count!
Go Catch Fish
- Go fishing and take your scoring pictures. It would be a good idea to read How to take good pictures of your fish so you know what we are looking for.
Upload Your Catch Into The Online Checkin
- After fishing upload your pictures to your computer.
- Login to 321Fish.Com and click the Check-In Fish link. Enter the information about your fish. If it is for a tournament make sure you check the Tourney box. When you click Add to add your catch you will proceed to a screen to input your pictures.
- Upload your scoring pictures. Make sure you take high-resolution scoring pictures so we have plenty of detail.
- Now go to the Tournaments page and see where you are in the standings. The system automatically scores you on a provisional basis until our judges review you pictures.
- When the judges review your pictures if they modify your score you will be notified by an email.
- You can continually upgrade your score by catching more fish and entering those catches during the tournament.